Sunday, April 26, 2009

Any way you slice it...

Cutting up pineapples is messy business. Ever since Hawaii, though, I am in love with them and have to purchase them every time they're on sale (I got 3 for $5 one time!!!). Anyhow, all this fruit finagling has allowed me to become quite the expert on the most efficient way to prepare this rather prickly thing. Observe:

Pineapple in the raw:
First, rip off the top. Trust me, it's not that hard :)

Then, slice off the top and bottom so you have a flat surface

Next, slice off strips of the rind all the way around

You then have all these little eye things, so...

You have to pop 'em out. Sounds violent, I know. But you have to do it unless you enjoy tearing your tongue to shreds while you're eating. Which I do not.

When you are finished de-eyeing your pineapple, cut it into halves

Quarters

And strip the core. You really just have to take off a little bit.


Finally, cut into cubes. Ta-Dah!

The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emmy,
I LOVE your blog, it seriously makes my day! Thank you for demystifying the art of pineapple preparation - now I won't be intimidated by the spiney things!
Love,
S