Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Words we make up


One of my all time favorite games is Scrabble. I’m good at spelling and vocab, and before I met Dustin, I always won. We don’t play very often, but when we do it’s always very fun. We like to play until absolutely all the tiles are used, and we usually refuse to turn in our tiles for new ones. This mostly results in some ridiculous words and word cop-outs, like adding an “s” to the end of a word. Here’s our latest: adding an “er” to the end, i.e. “taxer”—one who taxes, “axer” one who axes. What? That’s a word right?
Here are some others that have come about without the aid of Scrabble:
Ranch Sauce:
(Noun) aka Ranch Dressing
This is Dustin’s creation since I think ranch is disgusting and would never eat it. Somehow, he thinks ranch sauce sounds more appealing than ranch dressing.

Skankily:
(adverb) Trashy, slutty. As in, “that girl sure was dressed skankily.”

Crunchy:
(adverb, adjective, noun, whatever) Used to describe any of several things or traits associated with being overly into nature, sporting activites and disregard for personal hygiene. Often applied to persons seen shopping at REI, wearing Tevas (with or without socks), sipping coffee in Sugarhouse, perusing the dried goods section at Whole Foods, driving a Subaru, or sporting dreads in a carefully crafted attempt to appear socially apathetic (belied by their $500 backpack). This one is mine, and I wasn’t even aware I made it up. I just thought it was commonplace.

1 comment:

DigandStacee said...

Thanks speed racer for the treats today! I really like the mint ones and the CHOCOLATE! You are awesome